Monday, January 26, 2015

Bike Riding With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts & Cat Brats

With today's temperature high predicted to be somewhere in the 70s, I thought this would be a mighty fine day to go roll my wheels with the Indian Ghosts who haunt Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

The trouble with that plan became apparent soon after the wheels started rolling. As in the temperature was no where near 70 in the pre-noon time frame.

Eventually I sort of warmed up.

As you can see, by looking over my handlebars, parked on the Village Creek Blue Bayou overlook, that which is overlooked has not returned, yet, to being blue. Vegetation is choking the bayou. A good freeze should choke the chokers, but time is running out for a good freeze, what with spring rapidly approaching.

On the drive to the Indian Ghosts location I heard on the radio that thousands of flights have been cancelled due to the incoming blizzard in the Northeast. I wonder if this will have any effect on Miss Puerto Rico's return on Thursday?

I hope not.

I have grown tired of taking care of Miss Puerto Rico's cat infants. These babies are brats. I suppose I should go check in on them.....

No comments: