Saturday, May 23, 2015

Witnessing The Miracle Of A Litter Free Flooding Trinity River Under A Bumbershoot

On the way to Town Talk I decided to park at Quanah Parker Park and take my Bumbershoot on a short walk in the rain.

The last time I saw a flooding Trinity River from this location, years ago, the river had an amazing amount of litter, in a wide range of color and size, flowing by.

During this current flood event I have seen the Trinity River in several locations and have not seen much litter flowing by.

Does this indicate the chronic Texas littler problem has improved? Or has all the rain already flushed most of the litter to the Gulf of Mexico?

I just realized I do not know where the Trinity River enters the Gulf. I suspect  the beaches in that area, wherever it is, would make for some interesting beachcombing.

Today's Town Talk treasure hunting went well.

Organic Fuji Apples from a town in Washington called Wenatchee, Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit, Carrots, Cinnamon Rolls, 5 pounds of Gorgonzola and a gallon of Organic Milk, plus other stuff I am not remembering right now.

3 comments:

Stenotrophomonas said...

Since the Tandy Hills trails are probably more suited for rapids rafting, I walked down to QP park Friday afternoon. The Trinity had somewhat more trash than you saw, mostly floating in the middle of the rapidly flowing water. The back loop of the park had a few flooded areas, but was mostly walkable. Fortunately the trail was higher than some places where I've never seen lakes before.

Mr. GG said...

Five pounds of gorgonzola? Wow.

Durango said...

Wow is right, Mr. GG. I think this gorgozola is from a restaurant supply place. It comes in a big plastic bag. I must like it. This is my second bag of the stuff in the past month, or so.